Last week I attended all of the events that Clemson offers during senior week. Any students at a school where they offer events like this I highly suggestion you attend. At first I thought I was proud to be a Clemson University student, just because obviously Clemson is the best place in the world. Then I got my senior ring. It made me even prouder to be a soon Clemson Alumni. Each event I attended, well you guessed it, made me even prouder. I love Clemson and I love the traditions at Clemson. By attending this school you are bound to every alumni and a smile comes to peoples face when they can make that connection with you.
- Tour of the West End Zone: In ten years I will have tickets in the West End Zone and an tailgating spot next to the stadium (doubtful, but a girl can dream right?). In my next life, I am coming back as a Clemson Football player. Their facilities are amazing. Everything from the entrance, the locker rooms, weight room, and the lounge. First class all the way.
- Rubbing of the Rock and Running down the hill: My favorite of all the events. Such a big part of Clemson history and having your named announced in the football stadium is pretty darn cool.
- Senior Picnic: Free food. Mechanical bull-riding. Inflatables. Tiger photo opts. Cotton candy. Perfect.

- Ring Ceremony: Any future Clemson grad please attend this! You learn about why the Clemson ring is so important. I am so proud to wear my ring and show off that I am a Clemson graduate. Unfortunately, I didn't know about this when my ring was purchased and wasn't able to have my ring presented to me by President Barker (or get the pretty little box for it!) but I am still glad I went to watch the ceremony. At this event an alumni from the class of 1938 spoke and he was hysterical until he got to why his ring was so important to him. This man was in war following his graduation and became deathly ill. All of his belongings had been taken from him (except his ring that he hid) and his friends had to take care of him. In order to survive he needed food. He had no way to getting nutritious food to help his body until his friend told him to sell his ring. They traded in his gold class ring for a chicken and something else (I cant remember correctly, but I believe it was something along the lines of soup stock). The food helped him heal and he says selling his class ring to the Japanese is the only way he is alive today. Well, I will never have such a touching story as his, but hopefully I will have a story to share one day about how my ring helped me (maybe someone will see it in an interview and it will land me a job, someone will see it when I am in need or help, or I will meet my future husband because he notices it (haha)!

- Tillman Bell's tour (coming soon...)
- Senior Walk (coming soon...) (and not technically part of senior week, but still a Clemson tradition)
Glad to see that you have a positive view of Clemson. I graduated there in 2001 and then I saw the University through the clear eyes of reality. Get out of the orange atmosphere and question everything they tell you.... You will find that Clemson is just a piece of Corporate America that will treat you like a number once you are gone. You will be sold out and shipped out just trash. Funny when things such as the economy are bad, they send newsletters reminding you (guilt trip more like it) how you should be thankful you graduated from Clemson. They tell you how new grads are being brought in and they don't have a new computer, desk, or supplies and it is your responsibility to give it to them. I ask, "what good is it to me?" They say, "Clemson will be a top 20, etc..." I ask you, WHAT GOOD WILL IT BE TO YOU!" After seeing first hand how other schools such as GT and VT are operated, Clemson is a farce. Buying the clemson story is like buying a used car because of the pretty paint job and ignoring what is under the hood. Clemson's paint is fading and the engine (internal workings of the school) have a crack in the block. You will see everything I am saying is true when the time comes for you to leave College Avenue.
ReplyDelete