I have been unable to post for weeks because life has been a little bit hectic. Relay For Life is 6 days away and I think my head is about to spin off my shoulders. Not many people realize what goes into planing such an event. So much time, effort, and little details. I have to keep reminding myself that I am a student first, and Relay For Life chair second. Sometimes I forget that and think RFL is my full-time job. We just finished a fundraiser where we were trying to raise $10,000 in 48 hours. This was our first year doing it and we got $6,000. I am very happy with that, which is why I am claiming tonight as a personal night. I will need it because the next days are going to be nothing but chaos.
Here is what my Relay weekend will look like:
Friday, April 9
10:00am- Arrive at field
5:00pm- Event Start
Sunday, April 10
5:00am- Event End
6:00am- in transit home to sleep
7:00am- SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP
Some where in-between: Wake up (Eli will be visiting this weekend as well, so I am sure I will be up earlier than wanted)
4:00pm- Spring Football Game
6:00pm- Horse Show
9:00pm- Alumni Hockey Game
Sunday, April 11
Study/Homework/SLEEP
I am already tired and can't wait for next Sunday to get here. I know ever night this week I will not be able to sleep considering the dreams (a.k.a nightmares) have already started. Let me share this little series:
Night 1: Pouring down rain. All Day. Field= mud-pit
Night 2: Forgot luminary ceremony
Night 3: Forgot to do stuff for survivors (no registrants, no tent, no lap, no gift-bags, no dinner)
Night 4: (pre story needed: We have all our team captains meetings in Martin Hall, we have had around 7 of them, team captains have received numerous e-mails, team captains are a step below the committee) We are having a team captains meeting (our ONLY one!!!) TWO days before Relay. Team captains know nothing about the event. Have done no fundraising. No one is signed up. Nothing is planned. Our meeting is in Tillman Hall (most historic building on campus). Half of the team captains show up. Five minutes into the meeting the fire alarms go off. The the sprinklers go off. We evacuate the building just as Tillman catches on fire. I am outside crying. Someone tells me every things is okay and I say "NOOOO I left my Moe's inside!!!) Could be a commercial.

No comments:
Post a Comment